- This event has passed.
Spring Hill Christmas Parade
The 2021 Kiwanis Spring Hill Christmas Parade will be held on December 11th, 2021. The parade will start at 5:00 pm. The theme this year is “Sounds Of The Season”.
If you would like to register a float for the parade, please sign up HERE:
Here are the current maps of the parade route and road closures.
The fun and festive parade, presented by the Spring Hill Parks & Recreation Department and Kiwanis Club of Spring Hill & Thompson’s Station, will start at 5:00 p.m. and is expected to end at about 6:30 p.m. Restaurants will be open along the parade route on Main Street.
Parking is at the public’s discretion.
Please note the parade route has changed from last year: The parade will begin at Evans Park and enter onto Beechcroft Rd and then travel right onto Main Street (U.S. 31). The parade will end at Spring Hill Elementary School on Sharron Cantrell Road (formerly Toone Prados Street). Parade participants will have the option to turn in at the school parking lot and unload or continue south on Main. Parade walkers must be picked up at the school. Vehicles and floats will not be allowed to leave the school parking lot until the Police Department has reopened U.S. 31 after the parade. Float participants may also choose to unload at other locations past the school.
Floats and other participants must access the lineup by entering Evans Park from Maury Hill Street and continuing to Sharron Cantrell Road (formerly Toone Prados Street) until reaching the back of the lineup. If needed, floats will be in double lines. The lineup starts at 3 p.m., not earlier.
Song for the theme should be playing on the float.
Judging for best float will be based on use of theme/song.
No Santa costumes on any float. Santa will only be on the last float.
No throwing candy from the floats.
Walkers must remain by the sides of the floats and not trailing behind.
FLOATS MUST CONTAIN A DECORATED TRAILER (no persons riding in the back of a decorated truck)
Due to limited space, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts should combine packs onto one float (meaning 1 float for girl scouts, 1 float for boy scouts, 1 float for cub scouts)
• Main Street (U.S. 31) from Kedron Road to just south of Beechcroft Road will be closed at 4:30 p.m. The Beechcroft Rd from Main St to Evans Park will close at 3 pm.
• Main will remain closed until it is deemed safe to reopen after pedestrian traffic is cleared.
PICKUP AREA FOR CHILDREN WALKING IN THE PARADE
If you are picking up children who walked in the parade, please go to the parking lot of Spring Hill Elementary.
If you are coming from the south and need to go to the north side of Spring Hill on Main Street:
• Take Main Street to Saturn Parkway, exit to Kedron Road and turn onto Old Kedron Road to Miles Johnson Parkway, then to Main Street.
• Take Main to Kedron, then to Old Kedron Road to Miles Johnson Parkway, to Main Street.
• If you are coming from the north on Main, reverse these directions.
· JUDGING– Judging will be done while floats are on Main St and judged by the Kiwanis Club of Spring Hill Board of Directors.
· COMPLETED APPLICATIONS– We want everyone to know about your float!! We need to know The Name of YOUR GROUP/BUSINESS, how long have you been here, what do you do, where are you located, what type of awards have you won, name of the manager/troop master/owner, email address, and phone number.
· LINEUP: Floats and other participants must access the lineup by entering Evans Park from Maury Hill St and continuing to Toone Prados until reaching the back of the lineup. If needed, floats will be in double lines. The lineup starts at 3 pm, not earlier. (SEE STREET CLOSURES BELOW)
· ROUTE– The route will BEGIN at Evans Park entering onto Beechcroft and END at Spring Hill Elementary. You will have the option to turn in the school parking lot and unload or continue South on Hwy 31. WALKERS must be picked up at the Spring Hill Elementary School Parking Lot. Cars and floats will not be allowed to leave the school parking lot until the Police Department opens Highway 31 after the parade. You may want to arrange another location past the school to unload RIDERS/NOT WALKERS from your float. *Note: SHPD will not allow walkers past the Spring Hill Elementary School Parking Lot. (SEE ADDITIONAL INFO IN THE PARKING SECTION BELOW)
· CANDY– Candy will ONLY be allowed to be distributed from the last float, which will be the official Santa’s Float. NO candy or other items may be thrown from any float and or given by walkers. This is for the safety of all involved. We are not trying to be Grinches, this is a SAFETY ISSUE. We are asking each float to donate candy. Please place it in the official candy drop-off box located at the Winchester Community Center upon arrival.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
· STREET CLOSURES– BE PREPARED!!!! Highway 31 from Kedron to Duplex closes at 1 PM. Both sides of Hwy 31 will be closed for activities in the street. There will be a hard closure of other roads around the parade route at 5 PM. (SEE ROAD CLOSURE MAP)
· PARKING– Walkers must be picked up at the Spring Hill Elementary School Parking Lot after the parade. Parents can park in the parking areas at Spring Hill Elementary. Cars and floats will not be allowed to leave the school parking lot until the Police Department opens Highway 31 after the parade. You may want to arrange another location past the school to unload RIDERS/NOT WALKERS from your float. *Note: SHPD will not allow walkers past the school.
· PARTICIPANT DROP-OFF– Enter Evans Park from Maury Hill St. and drop off participants in the designated area. Exit in front of the Winchester Community Center and turn left onto Maury Hill Street. DO NOT stop on Highway 31 to drop off kids. Vehicles not in the parade will not be permitted in the parade line-up area.
· WATCH YOUR KIDS– We are dealing with large moving cars, equipment and buses. It will be loud. It takes just one second for something awful to happen. We love your kids, that is why we do this. Make sure to keep an eye on your kids, so they enjoy the holidays just as much as we do.